Monday, March 30, 2009

The Weather



Remember if you click on pictures

they become larger.



When I was back on my recent visit to American one of my most prized purchases was an in/out door thermometer system. With it I could sit back in my chair and complain about the weather with a real sense of authority. Don’t you just love being right.


Anyway, since being back home, I have sat here daily and watched it slowly climb from a normal morning low of about 27 to a high so far of 36. For the Celsius challenged 36 is hot. 36 X 1.8 = 64.8 + 32 = 96.8 Fahrenheit and that my friends is getting on the warm side for only March.


So yesterday, I finally broke down, opened the old wallet and had air conditioning installed in the living room. In the past, only the master bedroom had air conditioning and I didn’t want a repeat of the last hot season, which I spend for the most part in my bedroom. The only thing accomplished by this was that I learned to love five-hour naps, but then up all night.


With the air running for the first time yesterday evening I was in for a real treat. There I sat in the Lazyboy and watched as the digital numerals on my handy dandy thermometer went from 35 degrees Celsius to 26 degrees Celsius in about 30 minutes time. In fact after an hour I turned off one of the units (a later blog to explain) as I had become chilled. Believe me when I say this is pure luxury living in Thailand.

No comments: