Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lady Boy




The above person my friends is a young man. Here they are called Kathoey's and they are not a rare sight, though I must admit that few possess the attributes as the above example displays.

During the time I was at my school we had two. The first was the band teacher and the second was the Thai Traditional Dance Teacher. Both loved to strut their stuff and would dress up and put their wigs on at a drop of the hat. The dance teacher was finally terminated after several spats with his "husband" took place on school property.

Gay's here, as far as I can tell, make no great attempt to hide their sexuality. Even though it may have an effect on their job opportunities. Their opinion is "I am what I am". So there is no coming out of the closet, as they were never in the closet.

My wife has an uncle who is a kathoey. When I asked her what she and her family though about him her reply was. "We all wish he was not that way, but he is and we can't change that. He is family and that comes first so we have to overlook everything else". Family rules.

So be it.

No comments: