Thursday, July 3, 2008

Welcome Back

Well the 1st of July finally arrived several days ago and to be honest I didn’t even notice. If my wife would not have reminded me today to check my bank account to see if my retired check had arrived I would still not be aware of what day it is. Losing track of time I guess is one of the benefits of retirement. Though it may also be the onset of Alzheimer’s.

For what it’s worth, I’m back for another try and this blogging thing. I made the decision to try blogging before I retired, but I was not prepared for the job at hand. At the time I though it would be a great retirement hobby, and it is. However, I soon became overwhelmed and was placing a lot of pressure on myself to put out a product daily that was read by few.

So on this second attempt, I will not pressure myself to turn out something each day or worry too much about the quality or quality. Though I do hope that they may be enjoyable to someone, but if not I just can’t worry about it. Life is too short for that.

So what has be going on since the last blog? Not much! Except eat, do my morning walks, read, work in the yard/garden a bit and get in Mee’s way, which I am becoming very good at. She is now making more and more mid week visits to her village to get away from my pathetic ass for a few hours.

Since retirement from the daily grind, I have managed to increase my weight by 4 full kilos taking me up to 88 kilos. This is too much for my tall lanky frame, resulting in a huge potbelly. I sort of look like a pregnant old man well not sort of, I do look like a pregnant old man. I must work on this but will sure miss my dose of butter popcorn in mid evening, omelets each morning for breakfast and sandwiches galore. To add to this problem I have recently taken up baking cookies, which are delicious and must be consumed in one sittings. I always have good intentions of giving the cookies to neighborhood kids when they come home from school, but for some reason they are gone by then.

Well that’s all for today, but hope to see you again soon on a somewhat regular basis.

Thailand Fact: Population 65,493,298.

2 comments:

Eddie said...

I am glad you are back. Don't be regular... keep us guessing.

Reuben Collier said...

Heck Rock, I haven't been regular since about age 55 unless I pack in the old bran and have a daily dose of the prune juice.